Our skin is targeted by numerous factors on a daily basis, and its health can be seriously endangered due to sun exposure, pollution, wind, nutrient deficiencies, unhealthy diets, stress, hormonal imbalances, and the use of chemical-laden skin care products.
The most common skin issues are acne, clogged pores, warts, blackheads, skin tags, and moles. They do not pose any health risks, but they are irritating and unattractive.
However, instead of turning to commercial products and remedies, you should try to solve these problems in a natural way.
Here are the most effective natural cures:
The pores usually clog due to oil buildup, leading to skin bumps, but you can naturally clean them:
- Wash the face with cold water, and place it over a pot with hot water. Steam it for 15 minutes, rinse with warm water, and clean the excess debris with apple cider vinegar
- Mix some sugar and lemon juice and rub the paste in the affected areas in a circular motion. Wash with lukewarm water.
Moles are most often a result of sun exposure or genetics, and here is how to get rid of them in a natural way:
- Mix some castor oil and baking soda, apply the paste on the mole, and leave it overnight.
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the mole, leaving it to act for 8 hours.
- Apply some petroleum jelly or masking tape on the skin around the mole, and place a garlic clove on it. Cover with a bandage, and leave it to act for a few hours.
Warts are caused by HPV virus and are mucous membranes or small bumps on the skin. Here are several natural methods to remove them:
- Crush a few garlic cloves rub them on warts, and secure them with a bandage. Repeat for 15 days.
- Apply honey on the wart before bedtime, and cover with a bandage.
- Rub a banana peel on the wart at bedtime and repeat for 2 weeks.
- Soak a cotton ball in some apple cider vinegar, apply it on the wart, secure with a bandage, and leave it to act overnight.
These can be a result of an aging liver or sun exposure and usually appear on the face, hands, and forearms. To naturally eliminate them:
- Apply some aloe Vera gel on the area to act for half an hour daily
- Rub them with some onion juice for 10 minutes a day
- Soak a cotton ball in lemon juice, and rub it on the age spots a few times a day
- Mix a horseradish with apple cider vinegar, and apply the mixture to the age spots.
Skin tags are growths caused by the skin rubbing against skin. They usually appear on the underarms, neck, upper chest, and eyelids, and here is how to treat them:
- Rub a ginger slice on them for 7 minutes daily for two weeks
- Soak a cotton ball in some apple cider vinegar and dab the skin tag several times daily.
- Mix baking soda and castor oil to prepare a paste, rub it on the skin tag, and secure it with a bandage, and leave it thus for a few days.
- Soak a cotton ball in some water with several drops of tea tree oil, apply it on the skin, secure with a bandage, and repeat a few times a day.
Therefore, a flawless, acne and blemish-free skin can be a reality. Here are several more beauty tips and secrets that can tackle the skincare issues and help you get a beautiful skin in a completely safe and natural way.
- Always remove the makeup before going to sleep, as the skin needs to breathe during the night
- Drink plenty of water to keep the skin properly hydrated, and consume fruits and vegetables that have a high water content like oranges, cantaloupe, watermelon, cucumber, grapefruit, and strawberries
- Apply natural facial masks 2-3 times a week in order to pamper yourself
- Exfoliate the skin with a paste of walnut powder and yogurt a few times a week to remove dirt
- Eat a healthy diet, rich in greens, fruits, protein, and vitamins, and low in sugar
- Avoid fatty, fried foods and salt
- Exercise regularly to boost blood circulation and get a healthy skin glow
- Clean the face with some olive oil and a cotton pad before bedtime and gently massage it
- Get your beauty sleep regularly
- Apply sunscreen with SPF of at least 15 that blocks both UVA and UVB rays, to prevent wrinkles, age spots, and other skin issues
- Try facial exercises to stretch out the muscles and make your skin firm
- Find a way to fight stress and relax
- Don’t forget to smile!